Philadelphia eyeglasses. The city's largest selection of affordable funky eyeware. Eyes examined. Contact lenses. Lab on premises.

Please reload

Man Goes Blind After Wearing Contact Lenses in the Shower

August 8, 2019

Acanthamoeba is a single-celled amoeba that's commonly found in water, soil and air, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Contact lens wearers face a risk of contracting this infection if they engage in certain practices, such as disinfecting lenses with tap water or swimming or showering while wearing lenses, the CDC said.

 

Read the full article...

 

Share on Facebook
Please reload

Follow Us
Please reload

Archive
  • Facebook Basic Square